Tuesday, February 2

another day, another snowstorm

it's snowing in northern VA. again. i don't remember getting this much snow since january of '95 when my high school cancelled midterms because we were out of school so much. in another life, i would have been thankful for snow, but now that i actually have to shovel it and make sure my kids don't slip and break their neck on it, i'm not so thankful.

had to take bulilit to the doctor yesterday. finally caved since she's been sick for 2 weeks, with eye gunk for a week. but of course, once we got there, none of the symptoms showed up and i'm sure my pediatrician looked at me like i was crazy. then proceeded to spend more time talking about georgetown (i was wearing a hoyas sweatshirt) and visitation (my h.s.) than we spent talking about bulilit. oh well.

so for monday, i was thankful for my mom, who drove out of her sanded-but-not-plowed neighborhood in a (gasp!) rear wheel drive car to come pick us up and take us to the pediatrician since E (my husband) took our SUV to work, leaving us car-less (other car still at my parents' house, stranded there because of the snow last weekend). aside from the driving, i'm also thankful she spent some time with her granddaughters, who are having a very hard time getting used to our new nanny.

today, i'm thankful for little things:
  • kids sleeping in until past 8, so we could cuddle a little longer
  • a smart, quick-learning toddler who was reading parts of My World back to me before bed
  • a sweet, malambing almost one-year-old who likes to say 'mama'
  • E coming home by 5:30!
  • cookies and milk before bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment