Tuesday, May 18

remembering back when i loved basketball

poor e. bulilit has thrown up on him 3 times in the past week, twice tonight. no fever, no other symptoms. these phantom illnesses really get me because all i can do is rub her back, give her some pedialyte and hope that she can sleep through the night without incident.

of course, this happens in the 4th quarter of the eastern conference finals, game 2. it's been so long since i've cared about basketball but i caught cleveland losing to boston last week (great way to cap off my birthday night!) and i'm watching orlando on the verge of losing game 2 to boston. vince carter, you are soooo not the guy you were when i loved basketball. when the raptors actually threatened to send the knicks home in the early rounds. when i could be found in front of the tv anytime my out-of-market knicks were on. and even after my beloved allan houston left the knicks, i shifted allegiances and started to root for my hometown team. e and i would go to at least 3 or 4 games a year -- our ritual included chicken fingers and fries -- and definitely at least one if not multiple playoff games. because the wizards were good. i lived for the buzz of the verizon center during the playoffs. the street fair prior to the game, rally towels, the smell of anticipation and excitement in the air. even at 8 months pregnant with belly, i was screaming my head off at a playoff game. i kind of miss it.

totally random but a blog post i came across today that is SO ME. "I have small kids, don't call me" ... happy reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment