Monday, May 10

blog fail.

Monday, May 10
Wow. Has it really been a week? Oops. I don't think the frequency will get any better -- in fact, it will likely become worse as summer really kicks off and we have a truckload of different events coming up (you should see our family google calendar).

Anyways... thankful today for drama-free bath time, e coming home early. Also, you know I can never resist sharing a baby story ... tonight, after reading books, belly asks me, 'what do you want for your birthday?' and then when i said all i wanted was a big kiss from her and her sister, she said, 'how about i get you a dora toy?'


Sunday, May 9
Happy Mother's Day!!! Still at the beach, windy and cold today so no sitting on the sand before we leave. Of course, I'm thankful for my mama. Duh. And for waking up to my husband and daughter handing me a card and giving me a kiss. (As I get kicked in the back/ribs/face by younger daughter who takes up the entire bed. Her way of telling me she loves me!)


Saturday, May 8
Drove up to the beach last night to spend the weekend in the sun, sand and surf. Kids woke up early, per usual, and we headed out at 9am. The sun was warm, the water was freezing. But that didn't deter bulilit from walking as fast as her little legs could take her right into said freezing water. belly seemed much more happy sitting (ahem, squatting, ahem) in the sand, building sand castles.

Thankful for my parents taking the kids while we were at the outlets, so that e and i could walk around together in a vain attempt for him to buy me a birthday present. mission=fail. i seem to enjoy buying things for the kids moreso than for myself. (Can you blame me? How much cuter are little girl clothes than clothes in sizes I don't want to admit I wear?!)


Friday, May 7
On the way to ballet this morning, this is what I heard.
Conversations between 2 years olds, part 1
Ballerina (b2): What's that, Belly?
Belly (b1): A book.
b2: where'd you get it?
b1: from ami. from ami's house. i will get you one too.
b2: no, you're a silly bird.

Conversations between 2 years olds, part 2
b2: hey! belly has sunglasses! i don't have sunglasses.
me: maybe you can ask your mommy to get you some for your birthday.
b1: i will get you sunglasses, ballerina.

Conversations between 2 years olds, part 3
me: belly, share your snack with ballerina
b1: here, ballerina.
b2: thanks, belly.
b1: sure.
b2: belly, can i have some more?
b1: sure. (hands ballerina the cup of froot loops.) can i have it back please?
(Quiet, chewing)
b1: oh no! there are no more blues!!
b2: i see one!
b1: where?
b2: there!
b1: where?!
b2: there!!
b1: where? i don't see it!
b2: on the side? THERE!
b1: oh.

Thursday, May 6
Yay! Laptop is fixed!

Today, I was thankful for dinner at red robin - courtesy of my parents who are back from vacation - and the start of all the free food that comes along with my birthday and being part of a million mailing lists. looking forward to maggie moos next!


Wednesday, May 5
Happy cinco de mayo! too bad i don't celebrate. I'm writing this post like 5 days later so...
Thankful for a short nap and sunshine. Not thankful for the virus that I somehow got on my laptop.


Tuesday, May 4
peace and quiet. there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment