Tuesday, April 5

thankful for my health

so i had to have a minor procedure done at the hospital yesterday. it was the first time i was ever put under with general anesthesia so i was very anxious about the whole experience since we first decided to proceed about 7 weeks ago. e was great at reassuring me, held my hand when i almost passed out from the IV insertion and did everything he could to make me comfortable and take care of me.

all in all, the whole hospital experience went well -- i really love fair oaks hospital -- and i remember absolutely nothing between when they wheeled me into the operation room and transferred me to the operating table until i woke up in the OR after the whole thing was over. i don't even remember them wheeling me from the OR to the recovery area. my parents had joked prior that it would be the best sleep i ever had, and, man, were they right. e joked that he should pay the hospital just to let him experience the best sleep ever, since he hasn't had a straight good night's sleep since bulilit was about a year old.

the best part of recovery was having the girls fawn all over me, giving me a "bath" with towels while i lay on the couch, feeding me pretend food and singing me to sleep. it was definitely the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment