Tuesday, January 26

My 365 Days of Thanks - day 1

I hate new year's resolutions. I've made many in the past and almost always abandon them within weeks. This year, I want to make a conscious effort to be happier and appreciate all the blessings that I have, because I know there are many. And usually, the things that make me happiest each day are the little things.

I remember in high school, during sophomore retreat, we were given journals with inspirational quotes, pictures and the instruction to start a "happy list." I remember passing the journal around to friends, and receiving their journals, to create pages on whatever they wanted to share -- more quotes, memories of our friendship, recipes for cherry pie and collages. Seeing that journal now, all beat up, never fails to bring a smile to my face.

So I'm starting this blog to keep track of things I am grateful for everyday.

Today, January 26, I am thankful for:
  • email on my phone, so that I can check email while i'm in bed, nursing a sick baby

0 comments:

Post a Comment